I really love the resolutions I made for 2011, but I'm beginning to feel as though they might be a bit too.. big. Even broken down month-by-month, it still feels like a lot to take on for only 365 days. And yes, I did say that my main goal was progress, and while I believe that being ambitious can get things done, I also believe that being too ambitious can be setting yourself up for failure and lead to disappointment.
So I've decided to make some specific goals instead. Specific, attainable but still demanding goals. The objective is the same - to do it on purpose - but I think that by giving myself more concrete, explicit goals, I'll be better able to mark my progress and feel good about what I've done. I've put the short version of each of my goals in the sidebar to keep myself on track and accountable all year (plus, who doesn't like crossing things off a list? ;)).
- Keep blogging! I'd like to maintain a minimum of 3 posts a week, but I know that student teaching will be busy, so I'm willing to give myself a break for the first half of the year.
- Finish my Master's (and get certified in Missouri).
- Be able to run at least 5 miles. Gotta start somewhere!
- Read 10 new books.
- Eat more vegetables. Confession: I hate vegetables. How do you eat your veggies? Favorite recipes/tips/etc? Help ya girl out!
- Be healthy. Running more and increasing my veggies will help; I want to feel healthier (dropping some lbs wouldn't be a bad thing either! ;)).
- Find a job I love.
- Save money. I spent way too much this fall and my bank account is going to be recovering for awhile. I'm going to be more conscious of how I spend my money (and will use my Fiscally Responsible October tips too!).
Are you making any goals or resolutions for 2011? (And how do you plan on pronouncing it - twenty-eleven or two-thousand-and-eleven?)