09 September 2010

TiLT #6

OMFGG.  13 September.  From 9pm until 10pm Eastern Standard, I will be unavailable so don't even try.

Target.  Specifically, Target's Chaia mocassins, which I refuse to accept as slippers.  I wear them to work and to run errands and EVERYWHERE and say that they're shoes, not slippers, because they have a hard sole.  Then Boyfriend catches me wearing them inside and I have to claim that they're slippers - it's my only defense!  I just don't want to take them off, okay?  They're wicked cozy (and hello?  Cheap!).  GET YOU SOME.  (Okay you know what FINE.  I love all of Target.  It's my therapy.)

AUTUMN.  I can't say for sure whether it's here to stay but the temperature has dropped, the wind has picked up, the bravest of leaves are starting to change, and pumpkin coffee is now available at both Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts.  Oh hot damn, this is my jam!  (Kristen, I think this should be your new slogan, y/y?)

Lost treasures.  One of the joys of cleaning your room!  I had given up my iPod Shuffle as lost for good and mourned it properly, but I found it during a cleaning frenzy.  AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING!  The itty bitty size is so much easier for: running, studying, losing in your messy room, etc. and so forth.  Makes me wonder what other things that I've forgotten are still lurking about...

Honorable Mention.  Falling asleep to rain; Droid; getting all of my homework done super fast (more time to plaaay!); financial aid refund checks; getting carpal tunnel from playing with my Droid; this sweet ring that makes me happy every time I look at my hand; planning a Harry Potter marathon in anticipation of 19 November; only missing BBM a tiny bit; fantasizing about how great my life will be once I have health insurance again (the allergist!  Contacts that correct for astigmatism!  PERFECT LIFE!  LIVE FOREVER!); obsessively putting appointments and Things To Do in my planner; my HTC Incredible (f'real incredible y'all).

13 comments:

  1. Love the shoes in the photo.

    I'll have to give that a try this Saturday at market. I'll let you know how it goes over.

    My mom just got a droid and I'm returning my new phone to get one. I love it and now I can accept credit cards at market with the paypal app! Can you say business expense? (I'm crossing my fingers on that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, it's an INVESTMENT!! Droid is so much fun, you're going to LOVE it.

    Here's an unrelated question: how did you change the font / colors / everything on the Vigilance theme for your blog? I can never get it to look the way I want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Typekit.com

    I have the free/trial version which only gives me two fonts per wordpress account. It's really easy but it just takes a few minutes to update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH I freaking LOVE that YOU freaking love TILT!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rach I am so glad that you found my blogggg! Now we just need to get YOU a-bloggin' ;) And JFTR (this is my new acronym. I made it up. It stands for "just for the record") we ARE remotely close! At least for now, while I'm still in New York :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to be able to stop by. I apologize for not visiting sooner. I love your voice and especially your themed Thursday post.
    Falling asleep to the rain is something I wish could happen every night. It is so calming and peaceful. So happy that you found your i shuffle!!!! Isn't that one of those moments where you truly are more exhilarated for than you'd ever expect and you tend to do a little dance? Okay, maybe that's just me, but I'm thrilled fo you!
    Have a beautiful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww those shoes are hot!!! I love it! I would wear them with everything just to show them off! SO freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ella! I came across your blog through your comment on Kath's blog - and I had to check it out, since my name's Ella too :) Cute blog and great name!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yess, Ella is the best name!! I hardly ever meet other ladies over the age of 5 named Ella.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO fabulous and SO not in my budget right now D:

    ReplyDelete
  11. How could I have missed your wonderful comments!?? I'm sure you have a million blogs on your blog roll so I appreciate your visits, regardless of how often they are! I'm so amazed by your blog.. not only do you have great content, but you maintain a whirlwind posting schedule even during the school year! I'm definitely struggling with that; way too many commitments and I feel guilty giving up time on any one of them. Anyway, thank you AGAIN for the lovely comments! xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. [...] all fall into bad habits: showering at the last minute, staying in pajamas all day, going out in slippers… you get the idea.  Even KNOWING how much better I feel when I get ready, sometimes laziness [...]

    ReplyDelete